Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ok, so we're crazy dog people.

We're looking for a puppy. Well, actually, I think we found one. He's only 6 weeks old right now and can't come home yet but in a couple of weeks, our lives will change.

What would possess us (ok, it's me, really) to consider adding another dog to this pack? It's simple really- I need to start training another dog for agility. Jake is almost 11 years old and while his spirit is as enthusiastic as ever, his body won't be able to hold up for many more years. And Keegan, well, she just doesn't enjoy agility as much as I do. In fact, she thinks the competition is pretty stressful and she'd just rather not participate. We're pursuing Delta Society "Pet Partners" for her.

When Scott started training Connor, I was jealous. Connor and Scott are having a blast. This is one of their first lessons. I'm not sure who is having more fun- Scott or Connor!


I'd been wanting a puppy for awhile when Connor came along. I warned Scott that if we kept Connor, I would still want a puppy for agility and that would mean we'd have FIVE dogs at home. Ack!!

(I am a bit worried about what people will think of us, having this many dogs. I mean, will they talk behind our backs, the way that people are talking about the octo-mom in California? "Whatever would possess someone to want that many kids?? Can she afford them? Is she crazy?")

No matter. We know people who already think we are nuts. That's why we mostly hang out with other dog-people. As one of my dear friends put it "no, five dogs isn't too many. It's only 2 1/2 dogs per person!". I love my dog friends. :-)

So, here are the two pups we'll be chosing from. Cute little buggers, aren't they?



This is a black tri male. He's full of himself and very pushy, but also considers things before acting.
This is the blue merle male (taken last week, at 5 weeks of age). He's bold, has lots of toy drive and really wants to be involved.


Someone else gets first pick of these two boys, so we don't know yet which one will be coming home with us. We're just grateful to Diane Munsen at Supreme Aussies for the opportunity to add to our pack with one of these boys.

Here's a video we took during our visit on Sunday. Watch for the blue merle to bite Scott's knee!

No comments: